- Fight scenes. A little more gory than I really like, but they were epic and original, so can't really complain.
- Setting. The setting is really crazy awesome. It's not your typical post-apocalyptic setting at all. Not saying it's entirely original, but it sings it's own song, and it's really commendable.
- It made me think. A lot. So I always really love that. The thematic elements are fairly varied and not pushed in your face obnoxiously.
- The pacing was AWful. The pacing of the whole show, and the pacing of each episode. They dump everything into one episode instead of referring back to previous stuff and the whole show goes nowhere. Really slowly.
- Most of the characters were really annoying. They are either whiny or caustic. They don't seem like people, they just seem like plot points. Much of this is probably attributable to bad subs and pacing, though.
- I lied about none of the themes being in your face. There was one they pushed to an obnoxious level. The horrors of war! Granted this is like the one theme you can get away with pushing b/c I doubt you can ever over state it.